The Client Steering page provides information about user requests that the Netskope Client directs to the Netskope Cloud. You can get a granular view of the different users, applications being accessed, Netskope Client version used to process user requests, user activities, and other valuable insights.
Client Steering Overview
The Client Steering Overview widgets provide a summary of the users, client versions, and data usage for the last 7 days. You can view the total number of active users, licensed users, client versions in use, and data usage. Changing the date range with the Event Date filter at the top of the page does not affect the timestamp of the following four widgets:
Active User Count refers to the total number of unique users sending requests to all apps.
Licensed Users for Your Tenant are the total number of user seats assigned to your tenant.
Client Versions by Device Count shows the total number of unique devices using a specific client version and has connected to a Netskope POP at least once in the past 7 days.
Uploaded & Downloaded Bytes is a bar graph that shows the total number of uploaded bytes and downloaded bytes. When you mouseover each bar, you can see the total number of bytes uploaded or downloaded.
To apply your selections from the filter menu, click the update icon on the top-right corner of the page.
You can view the logged in user count, daily session count, and client versions usage trends on a specific date in a specific Netskope datacenter. The filtered widgets also provide details about the number of unique active devices. You can view the active device count by point of presence (POP) and Operating System (OS) version. If an OS version is not part of Netskope’s database, the OS version is shown as “Unknown”. By default, the widgets show the data for all POPs unless filters are selected in the Netskope POP dropdown menu.
- Client Connection Request Count: The Client Connection Request Count widget displays the number of unique users and connection requests per hour.
- Daily Session Count: The Daily Session Count widget displays the number of sessions seen per day.
The Daily Session Count widget displays a maximum of 30 days of data by default.
- Client Versions Usage Trend: The Client Versions Usage Trend widget displays the daily aggregation of the number of sessions using each client version utilized in your organization.
- Active Device Count by POP: The Active Device Count by POP widget displays the number of devices seen per POP.
- Active Device Count by OS Version: The Active Device Count by OS Version widget displays the number of devices seen per OS version.
- Active Device Count by POP Per Hour: The Active Device Count by POP Per Hour widget displays the number of devices seen by POP for each hour in the time range.
- Active Device Count by OS Per Hour: The Active Device Count by OS Per Hour widget displays the number of devices sorted by OS for each hour in the selected time range.