The Files page provides a high-level overview on the status as well as stats of files that reside within the cloud app. You have the ability to search for files that may violate corporate policy and remediate the issue.
You can refresh the page by clicking the refresh icon beside the instance name of the app.
To begin, click an app instance from the left navigate pane of the API Data Protection dashboard page.
The Files page displays these primary panels on top of the page:
- File Exposure information: Shows the total number of exposed files, and the number of private, public, internally shared, and externally shared files.
- Violations information: Shows the files that have critical data and are scanned by the Netskope data loss prevention (DLP) engine. This information is gathered by both DLP profiles and DLP rules.
- File Type information: Shows the types of files monitored, including folders, data files, images, documents, spreadsheets, native Box documents, text files, etc.
- Shared External Domains information: Shows the number of files in each of the shared external domains.
Graphs appear by default, but you can also view the data in a table instead of a graph by clicking the table icon. To view a graph, click the graph icon.
The main portion of the page contains a table showing file name, file owner, file size, file type, policy hit, and exposure information.
The Files page allows you to search for specific files and folder using filters. To use the search filters, click the filter icon to apply one or more of these filters:
- File Name: Find files based on complete name of files.
If you intend to search a file on the dashboard page, enter the complete file name. Partial file name search is not supported.
- Owner Name: Find files owned by a specific user.
- External User Name: Find files by any external user.
- File Path: Enter a file path to narrow the search and filtering criteria.
- File ID: Find files based on the app file ID.
You can also search for information by clicking the + sign to use these predefined filters:
- File Type: Find files by file type.
- File Size: Find files by their size.
- Exposure: Find files based on their exposure, like Public – Indexed, Public – Unlisted, Public, Private, Externally Shared, Internally Shared, Enterprise Shared, and Anyone at Enterprise with the Link.
- DLP Profile: Find files that may have critical information like PCI, PII, PHI, or any DLP profiles.
- DLP Rule: Find files that violate predefined and custom data identifiers in your profiles.
- Legal Hold: Find files that are the Original File or Legally Held File.
- Quarantine: Find files that have been quarantined.
- Malware: Find files in your cloud storage that contain malware. This is a licensed feature. Using DLP does provide read-only malware information.
- Trashed: Find files that have been put in the trash folder. Currently, only supported for Google apps.
- Encryption: Find files that are encrypted.
- RMS Template: Find files filtered by a specific RMS template.
- Collaboration: Find files that are externally or internally owned
- Date Created: Find files by the date they were created.
- Last Edited: Find files by the date they were last edited
Based on the filter used, a list of files displays in a table on the page. To view complete details about the file or folder, click on a row to open the File Details summary.
To remediate certain apps, select a file or folder, and then click Take Action. Depending on the app chosen, you can perform some or all of these functions:
- Change ownership
- Restrict access to
- File owner
- Internal users
- Current domain users
- Allowlisted domains
- Blocklisted domains
- Public links
- Restrict To View Only
- Disable Print & Download
- Remove Public Link
- Expire Link in…
- Apply or remove encryption
- Change file permissions
- Send notifications.
For Box, you can also specify when to expire external links and apply file classifications. File classification must be configured in Box, and you need to contact Netskope support to get this feature enabled. Otherwise, you will not see this in the Take Action dialog box.
The Restrict Access drop-down list contains the following options:
- File Owner
- Current Domain Users
- Internal Users
- Profile (Allowlist Domains)
- Profile (Blocklist Domains)
The Domains drop-down list enables you allowlist (allow) or blocklist (deny) specific domains.
The Files page also allows you to:
- Create reports in PDF format. Click PDF REPORT > Download to create a report in real-time.
- Email a report. Click PDF REPORT > Email to email a report.
- Schedule new and edit existing reports. Click PDF REPORT > Schedule to use the report wizard, which guides you through the process of creating and scheduling reports.
- Export the contents of the Files page table. Click Export to download a spreadsheet file.