External Users Page
External Users Page
The External Users page provides a high-level overview on the status as well as stats of users of a particular cloud app that are not part of your organization. You have the ability to search for specific users and view all their files as well as activities and remediate issues with their files.
You can refresh the page by clicking the refresh icon beside the instance name of the app.
To begin, click an app instance from the left navigate pane of the API Data Protection dashboard page.
The External Users page displays these primary segments on top of the page:
- Files information: Shows how many files users outside of your organization can access. For example, seven users outside of your organization have access to between 10-100 files, and 597 users outside your organization have access to between 1-10 files.
- Violations information: Shows the number of files with rule or policy violations for users outside of your organization. For example, one user outside your organization has between 10-100 files with violations and seven users outside your organization have between 1-10 files with violations.
Graphs appear by default, but you can also view the data in a table instead of a graph by clicking the table icon. To view a graph, click the graph icon.
The main portion of the page contains a table showing user and total files for each user information. To search for a specific user, use the search field above the table.
To search users in a domain, use the * wildcard. For example, to search for users in the netskope.com domain, enter
The External Users page also allows you to:
- Create reports in PDF format. Click PDF REPORT > Download to create a report in real-time.
- Email a report. Click PDF REPORT > Email to email a report.
- Schedule new and edit existing reports. Click PDF REPORT > Schedule to use the report wizard, which guides you through the process of creating and scheduling reports.
- Create reports in PDF format. Click PDF (top-right) to create a report in real-time.
- Export the contents of the External Users page table. Click Export to download a spreadsheet file.