Internal Users Page
Internal Users Page
The Internal Users page provides a high-level overview on the status as well as statistics for users of a particular cloud app. You have the ability to search for specific users and view all their files as well as activities and remediate issues with their files.
You can refresh the page by clicking the refresh icon beside the instance name of the app.
To begin, click an app instance from the left navigate pane of the API Data Protection dashboard page.
The Internal Users page displays these primary panels on top of the page:
- Files information: Shows how many files each user has. For example, eight users within the organization have between 100-1000 files, two users have between 10-100 files and one user has less than 10 files.
- Non-Expiring Links information: Shows how many files each user has that are shared and have links that don’t expire. For example, three users have between 10-100 files that are shared and their links don’t expire, and two users have less than 10 files with non-expiring links.
- Violations information: Shows per user the number of files with rule or policy violations.
- Internal Sub Domains information: Shows the number of files in each of the internal sub domains. The Internal Sub Domain only displays for Google apps.
Graphs appear by default, but you can also view the data in a table instead of a graph by clicking the table icon. To view a graph, click the graph icon
The main portion of the page contains a table showing user, total files for each user, number of public files, number of files with non-expiring links, and the last date of access information.
The Internal Users page allows you to search for specific internal users with filters. To use the search filters, click the filter icon to apply one or more of these filters:
- User Name: Find specific users.
To search users in a domain, use the * wildcard. For example, to search for users in the netskope.com domain, enter
You can also search for information by clicking the + sign to use these predefined filters:
- Team Drive: Filter files for a particular Google team drive.
- DLP Profile: Find files that may have critical information like PCI, PII, PHI, or any DLP profile.
- Internal Sub Domains: Find files based on the internal sub domains selected.
- Date Created: Find files by the date they were created.
- User Status: Find files by the status of the user.
- Last Edited: Find files by the date they were last edited.
Based on the filter used, a list of users are displayed on the page. To view complete details about the user, click on a row to open the User Details summary. For Google apps, the User Details summary also shows Internal Sub Domain and Trash File Size information. For Microsoft apps, non-expiring links are not supported (or shown).
The Internal Users page also allows you to:
- Create reports in PDF format. Click PDF REPORT > Download to create a report in real-time.
- Email a report. Click PDF REPORT > Email to email a report.
- Schedule new and edit existing reports. Click PDF REPORT > Schedule to use the report wizard, which guides you through the process of creating and scheduling reports.
- Change ownership and send notifications. For Google apps, click Take Action to specify ownership and enter an email address to notify users when changes occur. When finished, click Act.
- Export the contents of the Internal Users page table. Click Export to download a spreadsheet file.
- Click a user entry in the table, to show additional information of the user.