The custom category feature offers flexibility to supersede the predefined Netskope URL category mapping for a given URL and/or augment them by defining custom URL categories. This is helpful for situations in which the Netskope predefined URL category does not have a mapping for a URL (uncategorized). When creating a custom category, you can select a combination of predefined categories and URL lists. Netskope treats custom categories as a separate category to the predefined ones, and you must add it to an existing policy or create a new one to enforce it. You must have the Netskope Secure Web Gateway license to create custom categories.
To create a new custom category:
- Go to Policies > Web > Custom Categories.
- To add a new category, click New Custom Category. The Add Custom Category wizard displays.
- Search or select the category and click Next.
- Search for URL lists to include in the new category or click + Create New.
- Highlight Exclusion from the first column to search for URLs to exclude from the new category or click + Create New to add a new one for exclusion.
- Repeat these steps until you have included and excluded the URL lists as desired. Click Next.
- Type a name for your custom category.
- Click Save Custom Category. This newly created custom category will be available in the Categories dropdown when creating an Real-time Protection policy.